Sign by Danasoft - For Backgrounds and Layouts

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Twenty Twelve? I want my money back! D8<

Well believe it or not I watched the mother of all disaster movies "2012" (Even though exams are still on but hey,I need to release the tension.)

So what is this movie about? Well in a nut shell it's pretty much what would happen if doomsday struck us in the year 2012 as predicted by the Mayans(though they actually just predicted a 'new cycle' and not really the end of the earth) and some guy named Nostrodamus(sorry if i got the name spelled wrong).The movie also focuses on a writer/limousine driver/ex-hubby/wtfextremelyluckyactionman named Jack and his family and friends trying to survive the apocalypse.

Now I won't write much about the movie due to the fact I don't wanna spoil the movie for anyone. However the logic in the movie is so mind numbing I gotta rant about it.So in order to satisfy my urge without ruining too much of the movie for everyone,I'll just write out the facts I learned from the movie!

BEHOLD YE OLD LIST OF LOGICS FROM 2012!!
1)In the year 2012,the sun gets so hot in burns the core of the earth, everyone and everything above Earth's crust are fine and dandy though.
2)Earthquakes are nice enough to slow down or speed up to ensure it stays right behind your escape vehicle but not go faster than it.
3)Human Life=1000,000 Euro while Animal Life= Free
4)The eruption of a super volcano similar to the detonation of an atomic bomb will blow trees and stuff like that away,but merely blow your hair if you're a few kilometers from the eruption.
5)Lady luck shines on the main character like no tomorrow
6)When there is a large volcanic ash cloud headed your way,hide in a glass covered building!

And there's sooo much more! I'm sure many will say this is just a movie and the logics are excusable but not to me (To each his own I guess).The movie also makes several cliches and such but overall I still find it rather enjoyable,call it a guilty pleasure perhaps. Do I recommend it? Perhaps, it's not TOO bad after all. Now as much as I would like to write more I'm afraid I'll have to stop here due to excessive bugging by my sister (studystudystudystudystudystudystudystudystudystudystudystudystudystudystudystudy) GAH!!!
Well then, till next time!

1 comment:

Faranza Syns said...

Haha. Actually, I think they were talking more about how a solar flare (an "OMG!" big one) was affecting earth. I think i watched something on NatGeo about how scientists are predicting that there'll be a huge solar flare (the biggest and deadliest yet) and it'll disrupt the earth's comm. and elec. system, thus rendering the humans on earth helpless for many years with famine, murder, rampages etc. breaking out. I guess they (2012) were trying to twist that and instead said that (OMG!) the mother-of-all-flares was affecting the earth in a more physical way. Hence, the cracks, the vomiting volcano and the tsunami (where ironically only Africa survived).

But must say, despite all that, and putting logic aside for a moment (because heck, it's fiction after all) to me, it was a nice story. I dunno. I sorta really appreciate the underlying message about family, avarice, and the fact that the pilot was hot (another OMG! moment) didn't actually hurt. ;) Overall, I liked it.

But then again, I'm a girl.